About KLIBOR housing loan!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About KLIBOR housing loan!!

Post  kakakyee on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Guys, just went to bank for my loan matter and the banker suggest me to think of a new alternative mortgage loan of KLIBOR housing loan..
As what she had explain some about the KLIBOR to me and encourage me to consider about the KLIBOR loan when i make my decision which type of loan im going to have for my new house!
I wanna ask you all who get this KLIBOR loan can share some info???
And for me is that i should take the KLIBOR loan or the conventional loan better??

kakakyee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: About KLIBOR housing loan!!

Post  asma on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:34 pm

KLIBOR(Kuala Lumpur Interbank Offered Rate) is the average interest rate at which term deposits are offered between prime banks in the Malaysian wholesale money market or interbank market. unlike BLR which is 6.60% + X.XX%, KLIBOR rate is KLIBOR + X.XX%. BNM announce that BLR is no longer relevant by next year and will replaced with new framework rate,that is KLIBOR. u can know more detail from here
theedgeproperty.com/news-a-views/12023-bnm-to-form-new-interest-rate-framework.html
please take note that Conventional Home loans make use of Base Lending Rate (BLR) as reference rate to determine the interest rate will replace with KLIBOR-pegged housing loan used KLIBOR as reference rate to determine the interest rate by 2015 The difference between KLIBOR-pegged home loan and Converntional BLR-pegged home loan is the fluctuating nature of KLIBOR,
i prefer KLIBOR and I think that KLIBOR is definitely more attractive in terms of rate, although KLIBOR changes every 3 months, sometimes it could be lower than BLR-interest.

asma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  didipun on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:46 pm

Kakayee, I think you should choose the package with the lowest interest rate and best value added package.
As refer to the above image, the past history from 2008-2013, the 3 mth KLIBOR rate is at the lower rate than BLR. There is always a strong correlation between BLR and KLIBOR. If you count the  effective interest’s rate now based on BLR -2.5% and KLIBOR +1 % are the same at the moment.

didipun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyho on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:32 am

Seem very interesting the kLIBOR..
Who can tell what is the KLIBOR current rate??
Where can get to know about the KLIBOR rate???
Regarding the 3 months KLIBOR-pegged housing loan, which bank got offer ah???

Dannyho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  intan on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Dannyho wrote:Seem very interesting the kLIBOR..
Who can tell what is the KLIBOR current rate??
Where can get to know about the KLIBOR rate???
Regarding the 3 months KLIBOR-pegged housing loan, which bank got offer ah???

hi,u can click this weblink: exim.com.my/interest-rates  to  obtain the latest KLIBOR rate
the KLIBOR rate also published in major newspaper for example The Star,News Strait Times, China Press, Nanyang Siang Pau, Sin Chew Daily
Standard Chartered Bank and Hong Leong Bank both are the only 2 banks that have KLIBOR home loan package
u know wat actually KLIBOR loan that Hong Leong Bank offers has one more advantage - it's a flexi home loan so u better choose Hong Leong Bank

intan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top